Travel and Tourism
The Travel and Tourism program offered at Keyin will train students in the many facets of the industry. It is designed incorporating guidelines established by ACCESS – the national organization that recommends curriculum guidelines for national certification of Travel Counsellors. The program provides exposure to many aspects of the industry including travel counselling, airlines, reservations, hotels, sales, and marketing.
Students are prepared to work in one of the fastest growing sectors in Newfoundland and Labrador. The curriculum content of this program covers many subjects and will provide the students with the skills necessary to gain employment in various fields. They will be eligible for employment in travel agencies, airlines, hotels, tour operations, tourism marketing agencies, tourist attractions and car rental agencies.
- Admission and Administration Requirements
Academic Admission Requirements:
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (Transcript and/or diploma to be forwarded to the College); or
- Mature students who do not meet the education prerequisites may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met:
- Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants have been out of school for at least one year;
- Applicants complete the standardized assessment instrument and obtain the result of high school equivalence on all subtests;
- Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
- Completion of Keyin College’s official application form;
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). It must be noted that this is an additional cost for the processing of your application.
- International applications are subject to a $250 application processing fee (non-refundable)
- Travel and Tourism Courses View
- Computer Reservations Systems
- Destination Geography
- Familiarization Trip
- Professional Travel Counselling
- Tourism Marketing
- Travel Office Procedures
- Agency Accounting
- Reservations, Fares and Ticketing
- Sales - Travel & Tourism
- Work Term
- Business English & Communications I