Office Technology Enhancement
This program is designed as a refresher program for individuals needing to enhance their computer applications and office administration skills. Individuals enrolling in the Office Technology Enhancement 36-week program will have prior computer training and/or work experience in a computerized office environment. The course is designed so that individuals who have been out of work for a period of time can refresh their skills in order to successfully return to the workforce. Students are given training in the latest software, Internet, and clerical office procedures.
The program provides students with the skills necessary to gain employment in a variety of fields. They will be eligible for many administrative, accounting or information technology positions that require using the latest in computer software and clerical office and accounting procedures.
- Admission and Administration Requirements
Academic Admission Requirements:
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (Transcript and/or diploma to be forwarded to the College); or
- Mature students who do not meet the education prerequisites may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met:
- Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants have been out of school for at least one year;
- Applicants complete the standardized assessment instrument and obtain the result of high school equivalence on all subtests;
- Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
- Completion of Keyin College’s official application form;
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). It must be noted that this is an additional cost for the processing of your application.
- International applications are subject to a $250 application processing fee (non-refundable)
Additional Admission Requirements:
- Two years of relevant work experience
- Office Technology Enhancement Courses View
- Computer Fundamentals
- Document Production I
- Document Production II
- Fundamentals of Accounting I
- Fundamentals of Accounting II
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Presentation Applications
- Computerized Accounting
- Database Applications
- Corel Applications
- Employment Plus
- Teambuilding (Clarenville/Marystown)
- Introduction to Business (Carbonear/Gander/Grand Falls-Windsor/St. John's)
- Work Term