Dental Assisting Level II
Under the direct supervision of a dentist in our modern, fully operational dental clinic, students study all aspects of the dental practice.
The Dental Assisting Level II program is designed to deliver comprehensive training in the roles and responsibilities of the dental assistant in a modern dental practice, including practice management, chair-side assisting, sterilization, and direct patient care.
The curriculum covers all competencies and skills necessary to write the National Dental Assisting Board Examination and prepares graduates for all mandatory and optional skills listed by The Commission on Dental Accreditation to meet the training requirements for the national scope of practice.
Graduates of the program will be prepared to enter employment as a valued member of the Dental Health Team. Dental Assisting Level II is a licensed or regulated profession under provincial jurisdiction and graduates must comply with the regulations of the province where they seek employment.
- Admission and Administration Requirements
Academic Admission Requirements:
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (Transcript and/or diploma to be forwarded to the College); or
- Mature students who do not meet the education prerequisites may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met:
- Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants have been out of school for at least one year;
- Applicants complete the standardized assessment instrument and obtain the result of high school equivalence on all subtests;
- Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
- Completion of Keyin College’s official application form;
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). It must be noted that this is an additional cost for the processing of your application.
- International applications are subject to a $250 application processing fee (non-refundable)
Additional Admission Requirements:
- Updated Immunization Record indicating that immunization requirements have been met according to the Canadian Immunization Guidelines (Please contact your Career Counselor for the most up-to-date list);
- Health and Wellness Status;
- Dental Health Status;
- CPR Level C is a co-requisite of the program and must be obtained prior to the first day of Patient Clinic.
- Dental Assisting Level II Courses View
- Clinical Procedures & Equipment
- Computer Applications (Dental Software)
- Dental Science
- Dental Specialties
- Infection Control & Sterilization
- Medical Emergencies
- Oral Pathology
- Patient Relations
- Practice Management
- Preventive Dentistry
- Employment Plus
- Dental Nutrition
- Level I Clinical Practicum
- Dental Charting I
- Dental Charting II
- Level II Clinical Practicum (Intra Orals)
- Work Term