Accounting Payroll & Business Administration
PROGRAM DURATION: 81 Weeks Academic | 4 Week Work Term
The objective of this program is to expose the student to the most relevant aspects of business management and administration, while providing students with the tools for a career in business. This program also gives the student hands-on training in the key areas of financial accounting and payroll, business application software, and in the implementation and operation of computerized accounting systems. Practical, rather than theoretical is stressed. The successful graduate will have the necessary skills to keep a set of books, both manually and on a computerized system.
The Canadian Payroll Association offers the only payroll certifications in Canada.
Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) Certification:
The Canadian Payroll Association’s PCP certification is the foundation for a successful career in payroll. Certification provides an in-depth understanding of the legislative requirements to keep your organization compliant throughout the annual payroll cycle, and means you join a growing community of highly engaged professionals.
PCP certification requires three core payroll courses, one transfer of credit and one year of weighted, related work experience:
- Payroll Compliance Legislation (PCL)
- Payroll Fundamentals 1 (PF1)
- Payroll Fundamentals 2 (PF2)
- Introduction to Accounting (transfer of credit; offered at post-secondary institutions)
- PCP Work Experience Requirement Application (WERA) (a minimum of one year work experience in payroll)
All courses, including the Introduction to Accounting, transfer of credit, require a passing grade of 65%. For more information, visit www.payroll.ca or email the Certification department at email@example.com.
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification is the leading IT certification in the world. This program prepares students to write industry standard certifications in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access at any authorized Certiport testing center in the world.
The need for well-trained, competent accounting and payroll professionals has never been greater.
The business world is constantly changing with opportunities for those individuals with the skills necessary to adapt to those changes. Careers in finance, banking, marketing, personnel, accounting, and general management are available to graduates who have the right combination of proper academic skills, personal drive, and dedication. In addition, graduates of this diploma program will have interdisciplinary skills, allowing them to be valuable members of the business community.
- Admission and Administration Requirements
Academic Admission Requirements:
- High school diploma or high school equivalency (Transcript and/or diploma to be forwarded to the College); or
- Mature students who do not meet the education prerequisites may be considered for admission on an individual basis provided the following conditions are met:
- Applicants are at least 19 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants have been out of school for at least one year;
- Applicants complete the standardized assessment instrument and obtain the result of high school equivalence on all subtests;
- Applicants present a certified copy of grades for the highest educational level attained.
- Completion of Keyin College’s official application form;
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). It must be noted that this is an additional cost for the processing of your application.
- International applications are subject to a $250 application processing fee (non-refundable)
- Accounting Payroll & Business Administration Courses View
- Bookkeeping & Financial Accounting
- Intermediate & Management Accounting
- Internal Control
- Computerized Accounting with Sage 50
- Computerized Accounting with Sage 300
- Business Law
- Writing a Business Plan
- Payroll Compliance Legislation
- Payroll Fundamentals I
- Payroll Fundamentals II
- Computer Fundamentals / Keyboarding
- Internet Communications
- Word Processing Level I
- Word Processing Level II
- Spreadsheets Level I
- Spreadsheets Level II
- Database Management
- Strategies for Student Success
- Professional Skills
- Career Planning & Preparation
- Human Resources
- Work Term