Accounting, Payroll Administrator
PROGRAM DURATION: 63 Weeks Academic | 4 Week Work Term
The objective of this program is to give the student hands-on training in the key areas of financial accounting and payroll, as well as in the implementation and operation of a computerized accounting system. The practical, rather than the theoretical, is stressed.
The successful graduate will have the necessary skills to keep a set of books, both manually and on a computerized system.
Graduates of this program will meet the academic program requirements to receive Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) Certification issued by the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA). The certification is nationally recognized as the standard of excellence for payroll training.
The Canadian Payroll Association offers the only payroll certifications in Canada.
Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) Certification:
The Canadian Payroll Association’s PCP certification is the foundation for a successful career in payroll. Certification provides an in-depth understanding of the legislative requirements to keep your organization compliant throughout the annual payroll cycle, and means you join a growing community of highly engaged professionals.
PCP certification requires three core payroll courses, one transfer of credit and one year of weighted, related work experience:
- Payroll Compliance Legislation (PCL)
- Payroll Fundamentals 1 (PF1)
- Payroll Fundamentals 2 (PF2)
- Introduction to Accounting (transfer of credit; offered at post-secondary institutions)
- PCP Work Experience Requirement Application (WERA) (a minimum of one year work experience in payroll)
All courses, including the Introduction to Accounting, transfer of credit, require a passing grade of 65%. For more information, visit www.payroll.ca or email the Certification department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, the Accounting, Payroll Administrator program includes the potential for Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification at the Expert level in Excel and Word and at the Core level in Access and PowerPoint.
- Accounting, Payroll Administrator Courses View
- Bookkeeping & Financial Accounting
- Internal Control
- Intermediate & Management Accounting
- Computerized Accounting with Sage 50
- Computerized Accounting with Sage 300
- Payroll Compliance Legislation
- Payroll Fundamentals I
- Payroll Fundamentals II
- Computer Fundamentals / Keyboarding
- Internet Communications
- Word Processing Level I
- Word Processing Level II
- Spreadsheets Level I
- Spreadsheets Level II
- Database Management
- Strategies for Student Success
- Professional Skills
- Career Planning & Preparation