Personal Care Attendant Courses
- Foundations for Practice
- Essentials for Communication & Documentation
- Workplace Safety
- Understanding Aging, Delirium, and Dementia
- End of Life Care
- Fundamentals I: Care Basics
- Fundamentals II: Body Systems Approach to Care
- Basic Concepts for Medication Awareness
- Personal and Career Development Seminars
- Mental Health Concepts
- Introduction to Canadian Health Care
- Therapeutic and Professional Communication
- Cultural Competency
- Medical Terminology
- Introduction to Technology
- Medical Software Training
- Elderly Care
- Dementia Care
- Clinical Placements
- Work Term
In addition to providing the custom English language proficiency assessment for the International PCA Program, PELMO also delivers English as a Second Language (ESL) curriculum and student support during the PCA Program.
In the health care industry, clear communication is essential to help prevent miscommunication that can result in serious errors. As the province of Newfoundland and Labrador has more dialects per capita than anywhere else in the world, sometimes the people who are from here can be challenging to understand.
Even native English speakers from other parts of Canada have difficulty understanding us! PELMO provides ESL instruction during the International PCA Program that will empower students with the knowledge and confidence to communicate effectively with the patients and staff during the 15 weeks of clinical practice and thereafter. Click here to get more information on the PELMO assessment.