Canada – Newfoundland and Labrador Student Financial Assistance Program
If you are a resident of Newfoundland and Labrador, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance while studying full-time at a designated post-secondary institution.
The following supports are in effect for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
Canada Student Grants (CSG):
- Canada Student Loan up to $210 per week of study
- CSG for Full-time Students up to $750 per month
- CSG for Students with Disabilities of $4,000 per academic year
- CSG for Full-time Students with Dependents up to $400 per dependent per month (up to $4,800 per academic year)
- CSG for Full-Time Adult Learners of $200 per month of study to a maximum of $2,400 per academic year to qualifying students.
Provincial Student Financial Assistance:
- Provincial student grants up to a maximum of $100 per week of study.
- Provincial student loans up to a maximum of $100 per week of study.
Part Time Students
The post-secondary educational institution determines the student’s course load percentage based on the number of courses a student is taking compared to the standard number of courses for the program of study. Federal loans and grants as well as provincial grants are available to students in part-time studies taking between 20% and 59% of a full course load.
Note: Eligible students with permanent disabilities enrolled in 40% to 59% of a full course load can choose to apply as a full-time or part-time student. Refer to Students with Permanent Disabilities for more information.
To review the Acts and Regulations governing the Canada Student Loans Program, please visit the following link:
Forms and Documentation: